nutella baked oatmeal.

Sometimes cereal just doesn’t cut it.

And sometimes a girl actually has more than 5 minutes to make herself breakfast before running out the door.

Today was that day.

{inspired by CCK’s baked oatmeal for one}

ingredients:

• 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Nutella
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • pinch of salt

directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place Nutella in a bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds. Add milk to bowl and whisk into the Nutella until well-combined (it will look like chocolate milk). Mix in the oats, cinnamon, and salt. Lightly grease an oven-safe bowl with cooking spray, and then pour the oatmeal into that bowl. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.

This oatmeal is rich, hearty, and full of fudgy Nutella-y goodness.

I highly suggest you try switching up your normal breakfast for this dessert-like one. I mean, it is the holidays and all…

What did you eat for breakfast today?

Comments

I hesitate to buy Nutella since I do not like hazelnut. Is the hazelnut taste overpowering? or do you think I would still enjoy it? Today I had a toasted bagel with Mighty Maple PB and pumpkin butter spread on top… delicious!

I don’t think it’s overpowering, but I really like hazelnut flavor so it’s hard to say! I’m guessing you could replace another nut butter for the Nutella too :)

Ohhh I haven’t had nutella in FOREVER, but this might inspire me to buy it again! I do have some Dark Chocolate Dreams at home though which I think I’ll use in the meantime! I had a whole wheat crumpet (a new TJs discovery) with a little peanut butter and reduced sugar jelly while running out the door this morning!

You’re not going to believe this, but I don’t like nutella.

Yeah, I know. You can pick your jar up off the floor now. I’m definitely bookmarking this and trying it out with some PB. You know I’m all about that.

Can I ask you a weird and totally off-topic question? I have to go to NYC for work next week, to a fashion event. WHAT DO I WEAR? I want to be comfortable since I’ll be on my feet, but I don’t want to stick out amongst fashionistas. Also, will I be safe walking from 33rd & 7th to 23rd & 5th around 6:30 on a Wednesday? I know nothing about the city…

Hey Heather! Exciting that you’re coming to the city :) First of all – yes, you will definitely be safe walking there!

As far as what to wear, a good play-it-safe outfit that can still be fun and edgy is to rock head-to-toe black. I’m thinking – black skinnies, a black blazer, and black boots. Maybe go with a patterned/colored blouse underneath or some fun jewelry!

Hope that helps, and hope you enjoy your visit here :)

Today was day 2 of going to the gym @ 5:30AM [before work] and I had another bagel with egg whites- loving the sandwiches! The carbs + protein is exactly what I’m craving after a long workout…

I love oatmeal! it is one of my favorite breakfasts that is always quick and easy for me. I usually add almond butter and vanilla soy milk or vanilla almond milk. Also I put chia seeds in it so it will completely satisfy me and keep me full until lunch! People think I’m crazy about the chia seeds but I love them! I love your blog too! it definitely inspires me to come up with creative ideas to blog about on my own blog! or I just do a spin off of yours :) haha

Oh my- this looks delicious!
    My breakfast today was far from exciting; I had a Luna bar and a coffee while I was getting my hair done. Yours sounds much better.

I love Nutella, so this sounds heavenly. I’m always looking for interesting breakfast ideas because cereal and regular oatmeal just get so, so old.