When snowed in and bored at home = make a vlog of your lunch. Naturally.
I’m actually pretty excited about how these turned out, especially considering how simple they are to make. I recently had a similar veggie burger at The Squeeze here in New York, so I tried to recreate it. These are vegan and gluten free, and they take under 20 minutes to make.
* 1 small can white (cannellini) beans, drained
* 1 medium to large sweet potato, cooked and peeled
* spices of your choice (I used black pepper, salt, ground mustard and paprika)
* coconut oil for frying
* OPTIONAL: use a flax egg to bind it better
* bread and toppings of choice – I used a gluten free english muffin, avocado, and baby kale
* mash the white beans and sweet potato as much as possible with the spices mixed in
* form 4 patties
* fry in a nonstick pan with coconut oil on medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side
This is the Potato Express I used (this thing is seriously awesome, haha).
Have you ever made your own veggie burgers?