weekend wrap up.

Hello friends! Happy Super Bowl Sunday, but more importantly – happy birthday to my Dad! He’s the best :D

Rewind to last night, where I spent the night out with friends.

Clearly we all got the blazer memo.

After going into the city for church this morning, I headed back to Amanda’s house to prep for her Super Bowl get-together. And when I say get-together, I actually mean “eat the most delicious food you can imagine but it’s okay because you’re wearing your stretchy pants” fest.

Round one was a ton of appetizers, including Jessica’s insanely brilliant Baked Potato Nachos.

The rest of the apps spread:

Kate and her boyfriend Dan’s addition to the first course was none other than Pizza Hut Stuffed-Crust Pizza. Obviously I couldn’t say no to a slice.

A few hours later we dug into the main course – burrito bowls! We topped Amanda’s Salsa Chicken (which I’ll have to post the recipe for ASAP) with a spread of my favorite Mexican additions. Beans, guac, salsa…the whole nine.

Can we do this every Sunday??

I’m pretty exhausted, so I’m thinking about heading home early for a long night of comatose sleep. Because, let’s be honest, I don’t really care who wins the game…

…and seeing Christina Aguilera flub the National Anthem was exciting enough for me. Yeah I said it.

Goodnight, dollbabes! xoxo G

What’s your favorite thing about this year’s Super Bowl (food/moment/etc.)?

Comments

Ahhh now I HAVE to have a deconstructed burrito bowl!! Slash it is way too late at night for me to crave pizza and mexican food, but it is happening.

My favorite part of the superbowl = the commercials, hands down:)

Hahaha, I was singing the national anthem aloud and did a double take when I realized we weren’t on the same note. Then it was obviously all over the news that she definitely messed up.

I had a low key night at home doing homework & watching the game. Though I really wish I had a burrito bowl in my belly :)

My favorite thing is the food but since I didn’t go to a party this year I didn’t partake I now need to throw a no-reason amazing appetizer party including all these wonderful recipes in the blogging world, thank you Super Bowl!

YES the Christina thing was nuts. I actually caught myself wondering if she did it on PURPOSE (but then realized duh, who’d change the words of the anthem on national television..) it was THAT bad.

I really liked the Lassie commercial! I also liked laughing a little at Christina’s rendition of the national anthem.

Happy birthday to your dad — He has the same birthday as my sister! (Or the other way around…)

Your Super Bowl spread looks delicious!
    I don’t usually care about the game, but I love any reason to hang out and eat together.
    I’m starting to understand a little of the game, though, so I found even the parts I watched to be enjoyable this year.

The best part for me was just hanging out and catching up with my friends – didn’t watch the game too much! :P

And of course the food & drink – can’t forget about that!! I feel like guac is the universal superbowl food, love it!! Glad you had fun! and good food!