I’m no baking expert, but I have learned a few things about it over the past 24 hours. So, if you still have Christmas baking to do, this goes out to you!
1. When a recipe calls for softened butter, that does not mean mostly melted butter. My laziness resulted in the following.
The may be flat, but they’re still darn delicious. Phew!
2. You can make insanely fudgy and dense brownies by using a boxed cake mix.
To make the brownies, I combined:
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 tsbp whole milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, and then throw out your “from scratch” brownie recipe. You really don’t need it anymore.
3. Cream cheese icing makes everything better. So do sprinkles.
(Click here for thee best cream cheese icing recipe).
May God bless you and your family on this Christmas Eve! xoxo G