For the past week, I’ve been eating a banana pancake almost every day. While I love me some monster pumpkin pancakes, There’s just something about a fluffy pancake with ooey-gooey bits of banana that gets me all sorts of excited.
Understandably that was my breakfast of choice this morning, but my lazy self didn’t feel like doing all of the dishes (in other words, I despise washing the pancake griddle). I decided to see if my usual pancake recipe would work by baking it in the oven. And what do you know…it did! It turned out delicious, and with a super easy cleanup.
- 1/4 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees**.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, using the back of a fork to mash the banana.
- Spray an oven-safe bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer batter to this bowl.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
**I’m going to try baking this at 400 degrees next time to cut down on time.
Clearly this wasn’t as quick as the stovetop method, but I was able to finish getting ready while my breakfast was baking away, rather than monitoring whether or not it was ready to flip. And since the cake was in the oven, I wasn’t tempted to “press” it down to cook faster. I was left with a perfectly light and fluffy pancake…in a bowl.
The cleanup? Instead of cleaning a griddle, spatula, mixing bowl, and plate, I washed just two bowls and a fork. Not too shabby!
And…let’s be honest here. I’m pretty much always looking for an excuse to eat out of a bowl Topped with Cacao Bliss:
Needless to say, this is a start-your-day-right sort of breakfast.
Now pardon me while I go bake some wheat-free, dairy-free cookies. Yeah, I’m skeptical too.
Enjoy your evening, sweets! xoxo G
- What’s your favorite way to eat pancakes?
- Are you lazy when it comes to cooking-cleanup?