If you haven’t noticed, I’ll find just about any excuse to eat ample amounts of nut butter. But instead of looking for a base for the nut butters, why not make it the star of the show? That’s what inspired me to experiment and make Peanut Butter Protein Fudge. I probably *will* be tweaking this recipe in the (near) future, so feel free to make suggestions!
Peanut Butter Protein Fudge
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 cup puffed cereal (optional – I used puffed millet)
directions: Line a cake pan (or broiling pan, in my case) with plastic saran wrap. In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter, protein powder, and coconut flour until well combined. Mix in the cereal.
Place batter into the pan and flatten with the back of a spoon to desired thickness.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into desired pieces (I cut mine it into 12).
nutrition stats (based on 12 servings):
- use chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla
- use crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth
- use a different nut butter
- add chocolate chips and/or raisins
- add a few spoonfuls of honey
- use a different cereal (the millet puffs seemed to get just a tad soggy)
YUM! For those of you with a nut butter addiction like myself, you’re welcome
What would you add to the Peanut Butter Protein Fudge?