snapshots.

…AKA, mostly photos of what I ate.

I like taking pictures of food, what can I say?

Avocado Toast

That would be avocado toast – the prime example that simple can be oh so better.

Also on the food front – delicious seafood apps from The Mermaid Inn. Rachel and I (late) lunched on these before proceeding to order a second serving of all of them.

Fish tacos:

Mini Fish Tacos

Fried oysters:

Fried Oysters

Shrimp corndogs:

Shrimp Corndogs

Lastly (and also seafood-y) – some new sushi favorites – Shrimp + Mango + Avocado Roll and Sweet Potato Tempura Roll.

Shrimp + Mango + Avocado Roll and Sweet Potato Tempura Roll

Other than eating, my weekend was spent adventure-ing around the city, and only having this one photo to show for it. Apparently “Manhattanedge” was all the rage last week.

Manhattanedge

Oh, and I finally played Cards Against Humanity for the first time, by way of some strangers/new friends Rachel and I made on Saturday. So raunchy but soo entertaining.

Cards Against Humanity

Last but not least, if you follow Speakable you may have noticed I’m trying to get a bit more creative with imagery.

Speakable

I think it really helps to see the necklaces actually on people, don’t you?

Hello June

Speakable

**********

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately? Any other avocado toast freaks lovers?

Comments

1. Alex K. says

I love toast with avocado! Especially sprinkled with a little sea salt. You got me hooked on the avocado and egg sandwich. I eat them more often than I probably should!

I eat toast with avocado + eggs almost every day for breakfast! Simplicity really is the best, especially when it comes to food. Although that sushi and those oysters…gimme!

I totally missed Manhattanhenge but apparently it comes back in July again. So maybe I’ll see it then :)

Happy Tuesday gorgeous!

I looooove avocado toast! I haven’t had it in some time due to my gluten intolerance, but I’ve made some homemade gluten-free bread, so it might be time to reintroduce it!

I take photos of my food all the time and sometimes don’t even share them with anyone… it must be habit for the days where I want to post on Instagram! Best thing I’ve eaten?! Probably would have to be a grilled dinner awhile back at my boyfriend’s parent’s! It was ribs + squash + potatoes + zucchini + salmon on the grilled + a light salad! I could definitely repeat that meal soon!

Shrimp corn dogs are the weirdest, yet most brilliant combo ever! I was up in NYC last week, so the best thing I have eaten lately was probably everything I ate there. Thank goodness I don’t live in NYC or else I’d probably be a few sizes bigger ; )

Shrimp corn dogs?! That sounds amazing! I was just at a festival and had a grilled cheese donut from Tom & Chee–glazed donut sliced in half and flipped with cheddar cheese grilled in between. SO, SO good!

Oh, how I wish I liked avocados and they didn’t make my tongue itchy. Seriously. So annoying.

I love Cards Against Humanity! Whenever my friends and I have been drinking that game always seems to appear somehow.

8. Anna says

I love avocado! It is not o lyrics good on toast with eggs but also in green smoothies with frozen banana and spinach… it’s like ice cream for the morning!