my first video!

Good morning, and happy Wednesday!

Side note – I can never decide if I love or hate the phrase “happy [insert day of the week].” When did that even become a thing…?

So yes, you read that right – you’re about to watch me in all of my low quality (for now), YouTube-in’ glory. You’ve probably seen me mention recently how I want to start doing videos, so here’s my “better start somewhere!”

If you’re a YouTube user, feel free to subscribe to my channel.

Would love your feedback! What sort of topics would you like to see me make videos about?

p.s. Anyone happen to know how to get rid of the widescreen?

Comments

You’re adorable.
    I LOVE the idea of some day in the life videos!
    And also fashion / make up — you are SOOO stylist and trendy (especially compared to my midwestern preppy self!) so I’d love to do a closet or shopping video!

You’re adorable :) I always love when bloggers make videos because it really helps me “get to know” them better. Words are just words but hearing their voice helps literally put a voice to their blog as well! All the topics you mentioned are great, I especially like the day-in-the-life idea.

love love love the cheesy intro, haha! i would vote for some makeup videos or like clare said, a sort of “what’s in my closet” video. and a day in the life video would be so cool too. NYC is so fascinating to me!

I love the video, Gracie! It was so cool to see you become more relaxed in front of the camera as the video played. I always think your make-up looks phenomenal, and as a make-up challenged girl, I would love to see some make-up tutorials.

5. Vivian says

I’d love to see some fashion and beauty videos cuz your style is ON POINT ;) And this hair look! Love the effortless waves. Congrats on your first video!

6. Tamara says

Yay!!! Videos are so fun !!
    I’d love to see a day in the life video .. And maybe some snipits of the big city? For that one it could be neat if you did short videos all mixed together like you did at the beginning of this one.

7. Lauren says

I really enjoyed the video! I think make up and style videos
    And maybe tips on where to go in the city!

Love this first video! Great introduction! I would love to see videos on NYC life, fashion, and recipes. I’m in NYC very frequently, but it’s always fun to get a local’s perspective on certain places in the city.

Looking forward to your next video and more posts, as always!

9. Callahan says

I love your hair. Like seriously, it’s awesome. It would be cool to see a video of your weekend. Kind of like how you have a “snapshots” post usually, but instead it would be a “best hits of the weekend” movie kind of reel deal. Just an idea!

Love it! I actually liked how the sirens were going off in the background because that’s what cities (especially NYC) sound like. So, I like the casual, real feel to it because it more accurately expresses your life. And I think bringing your phone around and doing “Day in the Life” videos would be a great idea. You do a great job of painting pictures of your life with words (and posting actual photos) but learning about it in a more visual way too adds even more depth to the way you tell your story.

11. Emily says

Awesome video! Really gives us a sense of who you are :) One idea that popped out at me right away for a video was one on how you do your hair, because I LOVE IT! It’s gorgeous and I’d love to hear your tips or advice on how you get that curl/wave in your hair. A few other videos-maybe a baking video such as how to make your famous cake batter blondies, or other new recipes; fitness videos; and I love the idea of a day-in-the-life-of video! Sorry for the overflow of ideas :P Again, great job with your first video :)

That intro is AMAZING. I love it :)
    Haha you mentioned old videos, and I totally remember them! Specifically a hair one I think? Definitely think you should do a few hair videos, because yours is always flawless!