scenes from the weekend.

Yesterday NYC got its first snow of the season!

I love how magical the city becomes when it snows. Messy and inconvenient, but still magical.

Rewind to Saturday, where I took R&R to the next level by way of my room’s blackout curtains…

…complete with watching an arguably embarrassing amount of episodes of HIMYM. That’s what the weekends are for, right?

On the fashion front: I went all girly with florals + layered gold necklaces. Always a good combo.

An even better combo? All. Black. Everything.

No weekend is complete without a delicious brunch. This one was brought to Rachel and I by one of my favorites, The Smith.

On Sunday I also got a brief play date with one of my favorite gals (insert cutesie face emoji).

The weekend was wrapped up with church, and some more of the snowy night :)

As usual, will leave you with some inspiration to start off your week!

Image Via Curated Quotes

What was the highlight of your weekend? Did you get snow too?

Comments

Yes! We got the first snow of the season here in Pennsylvania, as well, and from what I’ve heard thus far, we’re supposed to get even more tomorrow morning!

2. Jerrica says

Your inspiration quotes are really hitting home today! My husband accepted a new job this weekend…taking our family from PA to San Fran! We spent our snowed-in weekend talking about how much we would regret passing up this scary but exciting opportunity!

This weekend, I was stuck indoors working on my Master’s thesis. So, the highlight for me was watching the snowfall. Fortunately, it started after I drove home from church. The part of NJ I live in got a decent amount, and all of the toddlers were outside on tiny sleds! It was a gorgeous Sunday.

No snow in LA but the temperatures have been ridiculously cold the past few days! I would almost rather have it be a little colder and snowing though- there’s something so magical about that.
    I’ve been all about black on black on black lately too. It’s a winter thing, I think. Love your floral top!

“Bridge there is none.” TRUE. But I think that this is how we come to know the Lord better, by letting go and embracing adversity.

I just wanted to let you know I am so glad I started reading your blog again; it’s really started getting me curious about God and reading the Bible again!

exactly! because there’s no way through the adversity or trials without Him!

Thanks so much for this comment, Anna. So glad to have you as a reader :) xo

Duluth MN + most of the state had a huge storm in the middle of last week, so that was the majority of our snow! Sunday it snowed a little bit, but nothing too crazy. I love the quotes at the end – my favorite: “Things are about to get really good.” =) Thanks for sharing!