Lately I’ve really been enjoying experimenting with new makeup looks. I don’t know if it’s because of the holidays or just getting bored with my normal routine, but trying new colors, brands, and makeup techniques is just so much fun!
I often go with a dramatic smokey eyes for a night out, but I recently saw this tutorial on Refinery29, and it inspired me to try a more natural take on my favorite eye makeup look.
To achieve the look was pretty simple. I used three shadows -
FOXY and FAINT from the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette:
and the bottom, golden shade from the Almay Intense i-color Bold Nudes kit (for blue eyes):
6 steps to a natural smokey eye:
1. I started by applying a base of the Faint shade on my eyelids with a medium-sized eye shadow brush.
2. Then I used a smaller eye shadow brush to apply Faint under my eyes.
It’s trickier applying to the bottom (which is why you want to use a smaller brush) – try to keep it from going past the ends of your eyelashes to avoid looking like you have a black eye.
3. Then I went over the top and bottom with a light dusting of the gold-toned Almay shadow.
4. I applied the final, lightest shade (Foxy) right under my brow for an extra pop.
5. Eyeliner is optional. I used a light brown (Cover Girl) liner.
6. Finish the eyes with mascara. I swear by Rimmel Lash Accelerator.
To make the look complete I kept it simple with some bronzer and a nude lip.
What’s your go-to eye makeup look?
What makeup styles/techniques have you been wanting to experiment with?