First of all, I am SO excited that so many of you are joining me in LEAN14! It’s great to know that I have so many lovely ladies (and maybe some fellas? ) that are on the same journey as I am. I can’t wait to see what you all share and what your personal goals are.
When I introduced the challenge, I mentioned doing a more specific challenge for the month of January. So now I’m going to introduce the JANUARY JUMPSTART I’ll be doing from January 1-31.
You’ll see I’m not aiming for anything crazy restrictive or out of the norm. My goal in doing these 10 things for 31 days straight is to make a HABIT of them.
1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day
2. Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables each day
3. Exercise 3 days a week (30-60 min combo of strength & cardio)
4. Squats, squats, and more squats
5. Eat more clean, whole foods
6. Eat balanced meals and less snacking
7. Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night
8. Limit soda/energy drinks to 3 per week (an improvement for me)
9. Allow more time to walk/take the subway instead of cabs
10. Track more of my meals/workouts here on GML
That’s not so difficult, right? I know this may not be as strict or even effective as many of the January challenges out there, but for me this is all about consistency, and I do much better with small, attainable goals.
What are your LEAN in 2014 January Jumpstart goals?
Make sure to share your progress on Instagram with hashtag #LEAN14!