I was recently given the Sunshine Award from Teri, which I had seen swirling around in the blog world for a while. Thanks, Teri! It’s a fun opportunity to get to know fellow bloggers more, and Q&A is just always a fun way to mix normal blog posts up, don’t you think?
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions.
Here are the questions Teri asked!
1. What’s your favorite holiday and why? I have to go with the obvious one – Christmas! There’s just no other holiday that is filled with so much love, joy, and reflection. Not to mention it’s like a month-long holiday, haha. I must say, though, as I get older I have much more of an appreciation for Thanksgiving and how it brings people together without the need of decorations or gifts.
2. If you could go any place in the world, where would it be? How can I pick just one?! I’ll go with a few – the South of France, New Zealand, Iceland, and Fiji.
3. Are you an introvert or extrovert? What’s an trait you have that obviously proves it? I’m an introvert in the sense that I need alone time to regain energy and “pull myself together,” so to speak. BUT, I don’t like being alone for too long. I love being social and much prefer experiencing things with other people than by myself.
4. What was the first-ever blog you read that wasn’t a close friend or family member? Carrots N Cake.
5. Why do you keep blogging? Mostly because I love having a voice and platform to express myself. It’s pretty awesome to have a “job” where you can just share about things you enjoy! I also love being able to interact with like-minded people on a daily basis.
6. What are you looking forward to during the rest of 2013? The holidays, of course! As well as a week in Florida visiting my sister, my first visit to Washington DC in November for the Visionaries Retreat, and some other adventures in the works. Not to mention that this is just my favorite time of the year.
7. What is a goal you are working on right now? Growing GML, improving my fitness, and saving more money.
8. Do you believe in fate? Yes…well, sort of. I believe in fate/predestination, but I also believe that we all have our free will, which can change circumstances. But then even the outcome of those circumstances is fate, if that makes sense
9. If you had unlimited money, how would you fill your time? I would travel much more, become a full-time blogger, do more to help other people, and take up hobbies/activities I’ve always wanted to try.
10. What’s your favorite TV show? Right now – New Girl! And Modern Family. I’m also a sucker for The Bachelor…yeah I said it.
10 bloggers I nominate: (sorry if you’ve already gotten this! You can just ignore or answer the questions again if you’d like.)
- Jessi from Modern Wonderland
- Andi from Polish My Crown
- Meg from Sunshine ‘n Spice
- Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
- Katy from Katy Loves
- Alyssa from Alyssa Arminio
- Jocelyn from Peace Love Nutrition
- Emily from Build Your Bliss
- Jenn from Also, Hello
- Raychel from Ever Upward
Your questions: (I’m stealing some of Teri’s because they were so good!)
1. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
2. What are your top 3 favorite things about yourself? Go on, brag
3. What inspired you to start a blog?
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
5. What’s your number one guilty pleasure?
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
8. What goal are you working on right now?
9. What makes you feel the absolute most loved?
10. What are you looking forward to during the rest of 2013?
Your turn – pick one of my 10 questions to answer in the comments section!