thankful thursday.

Today I’m thankful for…

Inside jokes.

Dreams. Seriously…how cool is it that we go into alternate worlds in our sleep?

Great roommates. That’s a rarity.

Instagram filters.

God’s assurance when you obey Him even when you reeeeally don’t want to.

Streetside produce stands.

The smell of cigarettes. And bacon. But not together.

Andi visiting this weekend, yay!

Fake leather pants, for those of us who can’t afford the real thing.

When the train gods are on your side (NYers – you know what I’m talking about).

My trip to Florida next week.

Sleeping with the AC on super freezing but being cozy under blankets. Nothin’ better.

**********

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

1. Dana says

I’m not sure I’m quite over that you are thankful for the smell of cigarettes ;)

x10 that last one – sleeping under blankets with AC – but also, the first time it finally gets cool enough to sleep with the windows open!

I don’t know that I’ve ever known anyone who LIKES the smell of cigarettes -that doesn’t smoke, besides myself! So that was fun for me to read. Some of them just smell nice.

2. Lauren says

I actually totally understand liking the smell of cigarettes! I think it is a gross habit and something I’ve never done and will never do, but something about the smell (not too close though lol)…I just kind of like it. Glad I’m not the only strange one in that area :)

3. Andrea says

Train gods!! Love when they’re on my side. No better feeling than a perfectly timed cross over to the express or local!! well maybe if there was an open seat when you got there!

Love your blog! XO

I did a post almost identical to this on Monday and reading through yours put the biggest smile on my face. It’s amazing when we start to really think about everything we have to be thankful for. We’re all so, so blessed. <3

Right now, I am thankful that we can fight with God, and He allows us to. It’s just amazing to me that God would allow us to “throw punches,” stay by our side and still love us through our “kicking and fist shaking.” (And, He’s good, so we can be reassured that our loss, His victory, is really what we want anyway.)