what i learned this weekend, 16.

The goal of playing darts is not to hit the bulls eye every single time. Who knew?

I really really really would like to have a destination birthday this year.

There is a way to take vitamins every day that doesn’t make me want to throw up.

(My friend Nicole who is a Fitness Specialist told me about Isotonix – you can check out her store here.)

Lot-less is thee place to go for iPad and iPhone covers. I got both for under $20!

The right Instagram filter makes going makeup-less a lot easier.

I am physically incapable of having un-chipped polished nails for more than 18 hours.

When in doubt, order breakfast and lunch.

…but an even better choice is to go to brunch at Nook in Hell’s Kitchen. So cozy and SO delicious!

My friends and I are weirdos. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

What did you learn this weekend?
And do you take daily vitamins? If so, what?

Comments

1. Dana says

VitaCraves/sour gummies have changed my life. Now, if only fish oil (which is so good for you to begin with. I have a kind that has joint support in it – even better) I might be better about taking it every day. My go-to method since I’m apparently a child: wash down the nasty things and get a Hershey’s kiss reward.

Gummy Vitamins & chewable vitamin C! Seriously, regular vitamins are disgusting.

Also, a destination birthday sounds amazing. I want everything to be destination this year.

my nails are lucky to make it 12 hours, even if i add a top and base coat there is still no hope!
    & thank you for sharing lot-less, I just bought an ipad & needed a cover, but couldn’t bring myself to pay the high price that most “good ones” are!

You sound like me with the chipping nail polish … although, I’m lucky if I make it 5 hours!

This weekend I learned that at almost 30, I can still get a stomach ache from eating too much sweets. I may have gotten a bit too excited it is now king cake season :)

It’s what we eat during Mardi Gras season in New Orleans, and is basically the best thing you will have ever eaten! Think cresent roll, but not too buttery, filled with cinnamon and sugar topped with a sugar icing. It’s amazing addicting!

The King Cake, actually, celebrates the three kings visiting Jesus (Twelfth Night). That starts the season and it goes until Mardi Gras, which is the day before Lent starts. Most people forget that there is more to the cake besides telling us it’s Mardi Gras season :)

5. Aimee says

You don’t even need Instagram filters – your gorgeous! I know what you mean about the whole nail polish thing – since finishing school in November (I went to a private school where nail polish was a no-no) I don’t think I’ve gone without wearing nail polish, and I change it about every 3 days. I need to go to nail polish anonymous!!

Ha, I always have chipped nail polish! It’s horrible and I’ve been getting no-chip manicures. Unfortunately, they only seem to last a week for me! Anyway, you don’t need Instagram filters…you are stunning!