1) January. This isn’t exactly life-changing, but…
…oh, who am I kidding? Yes it is. Pinterest totally changed my life.
2) February. The month I began experimenting with different varieties of Cake Batter Blondies.
Also noteworthy from February, some lessons in NYC dating.
3) March. My birthday month! I learned that I don’t hate celebrating my own birthday that much after all.
4) April. When I learned about one of my favorite Manhattan escapes – Smorgasburg.
Also, that true beauty has nothing to do with how you look.
5) May. Speaking of how you look, I learned how freeing it is to go sans makeup.
6) June. Always save up more than you think you’ll need before moving. Way more.
8) August. Is it horrible that I have nothing great to say about August? The only thing this past August made me realize is how much I love and look forward to the fall.
9) September. Hard work really does pay off. Hello, FreelyBe.
10) October. Where to even begin? Hurricane Sandy changed everything and made me realize what’s truly important in life. People.
11) November. I learned how the concept of “being myself” isn’t as cliché as I once thought.
12) December. This past month I’ve been reflecting on the year, and – to be honest – 2012 wasn’t exactly my favorite year. It was, though, the year that I’ve learned more about life and myself than ever before. 2012 brought a ton of unexpected trials but also unexpected blessings, and I wouldn’t have had it be any other way.
Other favorite posts from the year:
the nyc girl workout
fall fashion favorites
7 tips for more flattering outfits
how to be an LOP
never before seen, via my iphone
reese’s pieces cookie bars
five beauty products every girl should own
so you want to live in NYC: the social life
cake batter fudge
What things did you learn in 2012?