…do I even have to say it?
- 4 medium (or 3 large) apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup flour (we used oat flour)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granular sugar
directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place apples in a greased 8×8 baking dish, and sprinkle with granular sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread topping on the apples and bake for 28-30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This has always been one of my family’s favorite recipes, so I made sure to whip up a batch during this visit home.
It was gone within 4 hours.
What’s one of your family’s favorite (fall) recipes?