beauty booked.

On Wednesday Jessi and I attended the launch event for Beauty Booked – a new website that allows you to search for and instantly book beauty appointments.

Jessi was invited through her blog As Good As Its Guests and I tagged along (we’re kind of a two-for-one blogger deal, clearly). The launch was at Caudalie Spa in the city’s landmark Plaza Hotel. It was an intimate event of about 50 guests, where we mingled, snacked, and watched a brief video introducing Beauty Booked.

In addition to learning more about Beauty Booked, guests were pampered with mini eye treatments, oxygen infusion treatments, and hand & foot massages.

…We went the massage route.

So, what’s Beauty Booked all about? From their website:

Beauty Booked provides members with insider access to discover and book the best salons and spas in NYC (more cities soon).Through Beauty Booked, you can:

• Search a curated assortment of salon & spas by name, availability, service, location and/or price range
  • Book salon & spa appointments instantly, for free
  • Discover tips & tricks and read reviews from top beauty experts and other Beauty Booked users
  • Earn reward points that can be redeemed for future beauty services.

Love this concept! I’ve definitely become that person who prefers to book things online instead of calling, so this is right up my alley. I’ve already booked my first appointment – a complimentary facial at  Caudalie Spa (courtesy of Beauty Booked) – and can see myself using it again in the future.

After the event we took the opportunity to roam The Plaza a bit since it was my first time there. Even though I’ve lived her for almost two years, I love still finding myself in those priceless New York City moments…

Do you think you’d use something like Beauty Booked to book your salon/spa appointments?

Comments

1. Lisa says

I found my favorite current salon in NYC through lifebooker. They great thing about that website is that the same salons are on there all the time and you dont have to be a first time customer only! Does this website offer discounts?

I don’t know if they necessarily offer discounts, but you can earn reward points that can be redeemed for future beauty services :)

I’ve heard mixed reviews of lifebooker – so you’ve had success with it?

• Lisa says

Yes…i have! Well, there have been issues with the system but the salon always honors it. I make the appt. online then call and make sure I have the hairdresser i want. It is free so really you have nothing to lose!

i totally would! in fact, i got a deep tissue massage last night and i went through a massage therapist that has online booking. it was fantastic and super easy.

3. Corie says

Just booked an appointment on Beauty Booked! It was really easy and my favorite salon Fox & Jane is on there. So much easier than having to call!

4. Marisa says

Finally! A booking site for luxury salons…I really like that they have a more selective group salons that I actually go to!

5. Saumya says

I love the concept! No more waiting on the phone and squeezing in last minute lunch eyebrow threading appointments. This is quick, convenient and so easy to do!