I’m determined to start baking again.
It’s been quite a while since I regularly indulged in this favorite hobby of mine. I could use the excuse that “life has just been sooo crazy,” but the truth is that the time I could spend baking is the same time I’ve been preferring to get sucked into a reality television daze.
So in an attempt to rekindle this former love of mine, here’s one of my favorite (and most crowd-pleasing) cookie recipes.
chocolate hazelnut oatmeal cookies.
(yields 18-20 cookies)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tbsp chocolate hazelnut butter, softened (I used Justin’s; Nutella will work too)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups regular oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, chocolate hazelnut butter, and sugar. Beat in the egg.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and combine, followed by adding the oats. Result will be a thick batter.
- Use a melon scooper or tablespoon to form 18-20 golf-ball-sized cookies. Flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
These. are. bomb. They aren’t incredibly chocolately (which I prefer), but they definitely have a more decadent flavor than your average oatmeal cookie.
Be sure not to over-bake these, as you want to maintain the ever important ooey-gooey cookie center.
What’s your favorite time to bake? Favorite cookie recipe?