brunch at elmo.

One of my favorite “trendy” things about New York is definitely brunch. Sure, I went to “brunch” with my family after church back in Pennsylvania, but the mom & pop diner we went to for $5 omelets wasn’t exactly comparable to the way New Yorkers do up their favorite meal.

Yesterday – with a plan-less and responsibility-less Saturday ahead of us – some girlfriends and I met for brunch at Elmo in Chelsea. It was a fun spot with outdoor seating, a spacious inside, and a sort of swanky, LA feel to it (according to my friends, at least).

We started with the Truffle French Fries, which were just about as delicious as they sound.

For my meal I got a cheddar and avocado omelet. It came with home fries, toast, and a small field green salad.

Next time, though, I’ll probably get the Cobb Salad, which my friend Jessi got. Because – let’s be real – a massive bowl of chicken, bacon, and cheese is my kinda salad.

From all of the amazing brunch destinations I’ve heard about, I apparently need to up my repertoire, but Elmo was definitely a decent place to start.

Do you get breakfast or lunch food when brunching?
And, just so I know, are you enjoying my NYC restaurant reviews? Because I predict many more to come…!

Elmo on Urbanspoon

Comments

I usually get breakfast foods when I’m out to brunch, just because I love breakfast, haha!
    Btw, I just made a gluten-free/vegan version of your cake batter blondies. They turned out amazing!

Yeah, I used cherrybrook kitchens Gf/V yellow cake batter mix, and ener-g egg replacer. I’m making cake pops and I thought the texture of a blondie would be the perfect center! I thought this would be perfect because a few weeks ago, my best friend asked me to make her non-vegan blondies for her birthday, so I made the cake batter blondies because I knew she would love them. She did love them, and seriously has talked about how good they were every time since then, haha. I got jealous, so I had to make some for myself!

I’ll let you know how the cake pops turn out!

I always get breakfast. Mmmm. Looks great. Loving the reviews! They’ll help for when I finally make it up there in the next couple months.

3. Mandi says

Yum! That all looks so delicious. I don’t actually think I’ve ever been out to brunch, but I think I’d probably be one to go for the breakfast foods.

Truffle french fries? Are they made any differently or is it because they have that “bubbly, crisp” fried texture..you know what I’m talking about? haha, anyway..they look delicious!

5. Sher says

Look delicious!! Brunch is my favorite meal to go out for–especially w/ girlfriends! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

6. Emily says

You have officially given me my new favorite omlette and it hasn’t even officially graced these lips yet. YUM.
    I think I usually lean towards breakfasty foods unless there is a stunnah sandwich. I can never say no to 2 pieces of bread with surprises inside

Love living in NY vicariously through you! I tend to go for savory things at brunch and then get a plate of waffles/pancakes for the middle- gotta get in a few bites to end on a sweet note :)

There are AMAZING truffle fries at Bloomingdales. I would highly recommend them. The first time I had truffle fries was in Brooklyn, at Five Leaves (the restaurant Heath Ledger started in Greenpoint).

I LOVE for food posts. I’m getting excited to get back to NYC this summer.