small change, big difference.

Although I tend to be a creature of habit, I’m not entirely unwelcoming to change. In fact, getting creative in the kitchen is key when sticking to the basics.

For example, instead of making pumpkin pancakes for breakfast yesterday, I used almost the exact same ingredients but made a delicious (and adorable) Single Lady Cupcake.

No, that’s not icing – it’s melted coconut butter – and yes, you have to pick some up for yourself stat.

I planned on having an omelet alongside my muffin, but as I looked at the dirty muffin pan, I remembered Anne’s recipe for Scrambled Egg Muffins. It was a no-brainer.

An entire meal consisting of muffins. Perfectly normal.

Later in the evening I had pasta on my mind. I threw together a regular old never-ending bowl (pasta, brussels sprouts, beans, tomato sauce), but then I decided to add some mozzarella cheese on top and broiled it for about 5 minutes. You know, just for fun.

Best. Decision. Ever.

One thing I’ll probably never change, though? Eating dinner on the couch while watching E! You just don’t mess with a good thing.

P

Is it just me, or does food cooked in the oven always seem to taste 10x better??

Comments

The best part of being single and in your own place? Eating any combo of food you want for dinner, with your feet up on the couch watching “mindless” tv…
    when Hubbs is gone, I take full advantage of it and resort back to my fabulous single dinners! …I still do it sometimes when he is here, too :)

Oh how cute are you, with that all-muffin meal?!? And the last photo, showing off those socks? Gracie, you are too much fun!

P.S. I want to DIVE into that coconut butter pool. And then eat my way out.

Happy Friday, sweet girl!

I just bought coconut butter the other day and had no clue what to do with it! I’ve been adding it on top of my oatmeal but haven’t been blown away. It does look delicious on top of your muffin though!

I currently have 3 jars of coconut butter in my pantry. They were a gift, and I totally dig them.
    I like your muffin idea! I think my husband will eat anything in muffin form, so I think I would score some major points if I would just copy your breakfast and serve it to him.

We should all just make all our foods into muffins cuz well, muffins and cakes are always better :)

Just wanted to say that you are super gorgeous – rando I know, haha.

Oh and yes, I love things in the oven. Not only does it taste better but its so easy!

Oven food is absolutely awesome. It heats and melts everything much better, and everything is hot instead of just certain parts….oh my gosh so good. Hence why roasted veggies are 10000 times better than non-roasted. I really want some kind of casserole right now!

I would definitely say that food cooked in the oven always tastes better, but a bit of cheese never hurts ;)

Even though fiance and I are living together, I still make myself single-girl meals every week that I know he won’t go near. As much as I love him, the man won’t go near roasted brussels sprouts. C’est la vie.

Oh yes, food from the oven tastes MUCH better. Potatoes for instance…baked potatoes taste a MILLION times better than microwaved potatoes!

Mmmm…brussel sprouts, I have’t eaten those in quite a while. I LOVE them roasted, but my whole house smells like them for a day or so..LOL! Sounds like I’m going to have to grab some anyway and just tell the husband to zip it..hehe

OMG cooking things in the oven makes them a thousand times better. Especially sweet potatoes. One of my favorite dishes is basically an open face oven broiled sandwich if avocado, hummus, and cheese. I love the oven.