You know how Olive Garden has their Never Ending Pasta Bowl? Well, I think mine gives theirs a run for its money.
The difference is – my Salmon Florentine Pasta bowl is never ending not because I had seconds and thirds, but because it’s full of filling ingredients like salmon, beans, and spinach. And if you’re anything like me, everything is better in casserole-form.
My pasta bowl included:
- 1 serving pasta
- 1 filet (about 4oz) salmon, grilled
- 1/2 package thawed frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of kosher salt
Not only was my pasta bowl filling and delicious, but it was also *so* simple to throw together. Like my dinner from a few weeks ago, I was able to use ingredients found in the freezer and pantry. While I’m all about using fresh ingredients, sometimes that isn’t always possible. So I generally make sure to have most of the following in stock:
- frozen veggies – spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts
- frozen meats – fish, shrimp, chicken, turkey burgers/meatballs
- canned beans – black, kidney, garbanzo, cannellini
- grains – quinoa, brown rice, whole grain pasta/couscous
By having those options in the pantry and freezer, you’ll always be able to throw together a balanced and tasty meal…even on those inevitable OMG-there’s-no-food-in-the-house days
And for dessert? I kind of wish there could be never ending jars of nut butter…
…especially when it comes to walnut butter. It’s been my favorite as of late, and I highly suggest you try it…stat!
I have quite the busy day ahead of me…gotta run! Ta ta, loves xoxo G
- Do you ever make “never ending” bowls? What do they include?
- Have you tried walnut butter?