Okay you guys, this is a good one. I can’t say I take all of the credit because a) I wasn’t the first to discover the delicious combination of nut butter + dates and b) I also didn’t come up with the insanely amazing idea of freezing nut butter.
BUT. I do demand that you go make this treat…STAT!
frozen peanut butter dates.
Step 1: spread a layer of nut butter on plastic wrap (I used PB&Co. White Chocolate Wonderful).
Step 2: make sure not to leave any nut butter behind.
Step 3: place a date in the center of the nut butter.
Step 4: fold the plastic wrap so that the date is completely surrounded by nut butter (it will be purse-like, with the excess plastic wrap twisted at the base).
Step 5: freeze for at least 15 minutes (or more, depending on your freezer).
Step 6: well, do I really need to explain step six?
Note to self: make an entire batch of these next time…!
bacon & feta brussels sprouts.
Another notable treat from today was this bowl of brussels sprouts topped with crumbled bacon and feta cheese.
Let’s be honest here. This isn’t the best way to eat brussels sprouts. It’s the only way to eat brussels sprouts.
To make this dish:
- Thaw a small package of frozen brussels sprouts (they don’t have to be entirely thawed. 10-15 minutes should do the trick).
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Sautee on medium heat with at least 1/2 tablespoon of butter for 8-10 minutes, or until the outside of the brussels start turning brown.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with crumbled bacon and feta cheese.
Easy enough, right? Funny thing is, I used to hate brussels sprouts. Or, I at least thought I did. Turns out they just had a bad rep! Now they’re easily one of my favorite vegetables.
Oh, and highly suggest that you don’t skimp on the butter. Trust me on this one.
If you noticed my picture quality isn’t so hot, it’s because I’ve been using the camera on my phone. Apparently my Canon PowerShot decided to peace out on me today Well, not entirely, but the screen/photos have become grainy and discolored. Has anyone else with a PowerShot experienced this?
Any suggestions would be awesome!
I’m off to enjoy dinner and a movie night with my mom and sister Ta-ta, loves! xoxo G
- What’s your favorite dried fruit?
- Do you like brussels sprouts? Is there a food with a “bad rep” that you love?