…..baking cookies for breakfast is completely normal, right?
Coconut Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
yields 12-14 cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- other options: nuts or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients **except for the milk** in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine.
- Add milk and combine 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Form cookies (about 1-2 tablespoons of dough) and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 23 minutes until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Immediately transfer to cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes.
YUM YUM YUM! These cookies. Are. Awesome. Very cookie-dough-like. I’ve found that the key to using coconut flour is adding a lot of moisture, so the banana, milk, and coconut oil really lend to the moist consistency (in fact, that’s how I can fix the crumble-factor in my Coconut Macadamia Cookies).
Here are the nutritional stats for 13 cookies:
THREE CHEERS FOR COOKIES!!
Enjoy your Thursday, dollbabes xoxo G
- Do you prefer crispy/crunchy or soft/chewy cookies?