Hey lovebugs! Let me begin by saying I really appreciate your comments about dealing with regret. There were so many insightful ones that really got me thinking. Who would’ve thought that a comment forum could act as a therapy session?
perfect summer salad.
As I was eating my dinner tonight, I could not stop thinking “man, this is thee perfect summer salad!”
The salad included:
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 of a mango, sliced
- 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- pine nuts
- dried cranberries
I dressed it simply with olive oil and the juice of a lemon.
Refreshing. Flavorful. Filling. This salad covered all the bases.
white chocolate macadamia blondies.
Yes, you read that right. My love for all things white-chocolate-macadamia has been taken to a whole new level. And, I’m not the world’s biggest chocolate fan, so I’ll pick a blondie over a brownie any day of the week.
I’ve been jonesin’ for a blondie ever since Tina made them last week, and then I remembered that I’ve had another blondies recipe bookmarked for a few months. I chose to use the latter because it looked so darn easy!
(recipe from Eating for England)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×8 pan
- Mix your melted butter with the brown sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the egg and then vanilla.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir in flour. Mix in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Pour the mixture into your buttered pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cool on a rack before cutting them.
Clearly I wasn’t patient enough to let it cool completely…
But my second serving was just perfect.
All I can say is…holymotherofblondie!
I’m off to drink some tea and track down a sappy love movie. It’s one of those nights Have a good one, babes. xoxo G
- What’s your idea of the perfect summer salad?
- Brownie or blondie?!